Umicore is looking for an International Assignments Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About our support functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You manage and coordinate international assignments, in line with the overall HR policies and in compliance with all legal requirements. You ensure consistent, qualitative and efficient expat management.
You are responsible for
- the day to day handling and coordination of international assignments from and to different countries, including:
- the composition and briefing of the expat package and all related documents
- updating of the balance sheets during the assignment, ensuring correct tax equalization and net entitlement
- providing instructions to the home and host payroll departments
- coordinating the different providers (relocation, tax consultancy, insurances, etc.) and ensuring qualitative, consistent and efficient suppliers’ support
- providing cost estimates and actual cost tracking
- You are responsible for the day to day handling and coordination of international assignments from and to different countries, including:
- You are the continuous point of contact for the international assignee, including meetings with them to explain the package, documents, updated balance sheets, etc. Moreover, you hold regular follow up calls to track on the assignee’s wellbeing and concerns.
- You build and manage expat related reporting (status update, annual cost collection, immigration updates, expense management,…)
- You participate in or conduct expat related projects
- You provide support for the other international assignments
- You follow up on social and tax legislation related to cross border transitions and ensure the assignments are compliant.
- You build an external and internal network in order to remain updated on expatriate management and practices.
Who we are looking for
- You have a university degree or equivalent through experience
- You have over 2 years of experience within HR, preferably in an international context or in international mobility management
- You have good knowledge of social and fiscal matters in an international environment
- You are proficient MS Office
- You have outstanding organisation skills, work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- You set high standards for quality and accuracy and are able to live up to them under time pressure.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are client oriented, able to understand and anticipate to customer needs.
- You focus on accurate and correct service, yet with a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You hold effective and efficient relationships including distant and cross culture contacts
- You are fluent in English and with a good level of German
- You are willing to travel on an ad hoc base to meet the assignee and/or local HR teams if needed
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?