Chep is op zoek naar een Human Resources Manager BeNeLux
The HR Manager Benelux takes the overall country HR Leadership accountability by coordinating all country HR activities (Payroll, Talent, Field HR, ER/LR, Recruitment) and representing HR on the Country Leadership Team.
He/she assumes direct ownership and operationally manage and execute HR Field activities as well as Employee and Labor Relations for Belgium and Netherlands for blue and white collar employees.
- Be the country HR Leader representing HR on the Country Leadership Team on all HR related topics ensuring development of the Benelux HR plan aligned with the business strategy. Lead the HR Agenda on the monthly Leadership meeting to provide an update of progress versus plan.
- Partner with HR CoEs and local leadership to co-define the Benelux priorities in terms of Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Compensation & Benefits, L&D, Organization Design and Talent Management initiatives. Implement agreed upon priorities in collaboration with the HR team
- Ensure local HR Shared Services and CoE teams work seamlessly together to deliver the local ONE HR agenda
Employee / Labor Relations
- Lead engagement with employee groups and union representatives that focuses on communication, planning and problem solving to ensure excellent employee and labor relations. This includes negotiations with trade unions and works councils.
- Monitor local labor legislation to ensure compliance with new and existing laws and regulations. Promote knowledge and understanding, with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Develop and continuously optimize local HR policies in the field of ER/LR, Comp&Ben and HR Administration
- Act as a strategic partner to leadership in providing employee and labor relations advice, support and guidance with respect to collective agreement, employee councils, policies and legislation interpretation/compliance to assist all divisions in achieving their operational goals
- Engage with employees and leadership to conduct ER related assessments and investigations, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities
- Conduct employee dismissals, labor grievances and arbitration of employee complaints in line with collective bargaining agreements
- Provide direct Supervise business interaction in the delivery of HR field support services (HR Administration, Time & Attendance, L&D, ….), ensuring world class customer service through prompt and reliable service
- Responsible for rollout and administration of HR processes and programs including roadshows, live meetings and training
- Collaborate with HRBPs and CoEs to ensure delivery of new employee orientation and conducts new manager assimilation sessions
- Ensure smooth delivery of on-boarding, training and compliance initiatives and coordinates off-boarding process
- Provide reporting, support and training for oa. Annual performance & development, employee survey, bonus,… cycles
- Number of Countries: 2, Belgium & the Netherlands
- Number of Locations: 3 (HQ + 2 Company-owned Plant(s) )
- Number of employees Belgium: approx. 73 blue collar – 71 white collar
- Number of employees Netherlands: approx. 63 blue collar – 35 white collar
- Degree in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, industrial labor relations, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of labor, employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles and practices from Belgium and the Netherlands
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR Generalist roles, HR-labor and employee relations
- Solid overall C&B and Talent Management experience
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Effective experience working in a matrix structure
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to lead a small team of HR Specialists
- Business acumen, strong decision-making, and root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Demonstrated knowledge about local employment and social laws; ability to translate this in a comprehensive way to others
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping partners and leaders informed
- Ability to lead a small team of HR Specialists
- Comfort presenting in front of a large audience and experience delivering employee learning initiatives
- Ability to handle and manage multiple assignments and projects
- Ability to work with ambiguity and demonstrate flexibility and partnership
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Essential: English, Dutch